In A Hurry – Here’s Our Editors Picks
- Easy Integration
- Good Landing Pages
- Heatmap and A/B testing
- Great interface
- Integration support
- Award Winning
If you’re a private entrepreneur or business owner of some kind, you’re probably familiar with the online digital marketing engine, ClickFunnels. It helps you assemble a sticky landing page and automatic sales funnel for any kind of business, with plenty of templates and digital features to help you along the way. If you’re like me, you might even be overwhelmed with all the features they offer!
ClickFunnels is, however, far from the only service of it’s kind, let alone the best – services like Instapage, Leadpages, PipeDrive, Copper CRM, and Ontraport, just to name a few, all provide similar options with different strengths and weaknesses. If you’re dedicated to making sure you do what’s right for your business, you’ll need to make sure you do all the research you can. There’s no one-size-fits-all platform, so keep in mind the needs of your company. With that in mind, here are the top ten alternatives to ClickFunnels for businesses and online marketers of all kinds.
BuilderAll is a young and ambitious marketing platform that tries to be a one-in-all solution for marketing tools and sales funnels, just like ClickFunnel. Though it has a lot of advantages over ClickFunnels, such as an entirely complete set of marketing tools, it is held back by being young, inexperienced, and having a much smaller community and much weaker customer support.
That being said, it is four years since we first looked at this product, so they have had plenty of time to iron out some of the kinks. Despite this, it still has some glitches and bugs, which they can sometimes be slow to fix. The editor can be much more difficult and clunky to use.
BuilderAll is on this list of clickfunnels alternatives because of it’s potential. It offers a lot for the money, but there is certainly room for improvement. If you have a smaller budget, it might be worth checking out.
- Significantly cheaper
- Most complete marketing platform
- Unlimited pages, domain names, and data streams
- Both Wordpress and non Wordpress plans available
- Has a lot of bugs and glitches
- Poor customer service and support
- More clunky and frustrating builder
- Several reports of issues with the affiliate program
Ontraport offers a lot of the same features as ClickFunnels, as a comprehensive digital marketing platform that offers you a wide array of tools. From campaigns, to sales, to finance, Ontraport does it all. The main advantage and difference between Ontraport and ClickFunnels is a focus on automating as much of the process as possible.
This automation could get in the way for a small team or single-person company, but for a bigger, more complicated business it makes Ontraport invaluable, as well as a clear winner over ClickFunnels. Although ClickFunnels does have one job – which is sales funnels – and does that job very well, comparatively, Ontraport does everything.
On the flip side, you may not want a single service to have so much control over your business, and if that is the case, then Ontraport may not be for you or your company.
- Heavily automated process helps bigger businesses
- Better at working with the whole picture
- Lots of other features focused on running a business
- Good payment integration
- Heavily automated process can be clunky or frustrating for small businesses
- Not as good with individual sales funnel features
Samcart is considered one of the best shopping-cart services for small online businesses out there. It’s not as much designed for the funnel part of the sales funnel, instead focusing mostly on a smooth and optimized cart transaction and checkout page. Thus, while it may lack in generating engagement or building interest in your products, it does a good job of retaining customers already committed to a purchase and lowering your cart abandonment rate.
It doesn’t have any e-mail management or autoresponder features, but it has significantly improved their tool set for building and analysing landing pages over the last few years. Samcart can make for a powerful digital sales tool.
- Easier time integrating with PayPal
- Checkout is easy, optimized, efficient, and most importantly, attractive
- High retain rate for already-interested consumers
- One-click up-sell popup feature
- Cheaper affiliate management
- Good A/B testing features
- Poor sales funnel support
- No e-mail marketing or campaign automation
- Many features only available in the more expensive ‘Grow’ or ‘Scale’ versions
Unbounce is a specialized landing page builder with a very strong drag and drop page editor. It gives you a lot of freedom in creating standalone landing pages or fully customizing your features. It’s designed to work well with other features or tools, unlike ClickFunnels, which requires you to use their own expensive tools. Unfortunately, at the same time, it doesn’t have very many of it’s own features, instead offering a simplistic and nearly single-use tool.
If you use Unbounce, you’d need to use a lot of other services as well. However, using Unbounce with these tools is still often cheaper than ClickFunnels. Many of the apps and integrations that can bolt onto your Unbounce package are free and user friendly.
Unbounce are also embracing the advent of AI, and offer copywriting and optimisation tools based on this technology. The AI writer can quickly churn out a 500 word piece of copy for your landing page, but like most AI so far, you still need to cast an eye over the information it delivers for accuracy and relevancy.
ClickFunnels offers a lot of different services and is a very broad platform. If you’re not looking for that specifically, then Unbounce might be more your speed.
- Cheaper than Clickfunnels for most packages($74 – $180, as opposed to $127 – $208) for discounted first year.
- Does not force you to stick to landing page templates
- Integrates easily with other tools and features
- Good at creating landing pages
- Very easy and powerful drag and drop builder
- No included e-mail marketing or campaign management (but there is a mailchimp plugin)
- Fewer overall features
- Poor checkout page and shopping cart support
Instapage is a landing page tool, very similar to Unbounce. It features a strong, easy landing page builder with pixel-perfect drag and drop. Many of the other pros and cons are the same, but Instapage stands out with their heatmap feature – a feature that lets you view activity on your site in the form of a heat map that helps you design around your customer’s experience.
Other advanced testing metrics are also available. If you’re trying to decide between Instapage or Unbounce, it’s highly recommended that you test the editor out for yourself. They both have very powerful landing page builders, and it may end up coming down to personal preference between the two for ease of use or user interface.
When it comes to third-party integrations, Instapage is one of the better clickfunnels alternatives. It supports a wide range of marketing tools, including email marketing services like MailChimp and HubSpot, CRM platforms like Salesforce and Marketo, and social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter. ClickFunnels, on the other hand, has limited integrations, which means you may have to use additional software to connect with other marketing tools.
In terms of pricing, ClickFunnels may be a better option for beginners as it offers a basic plan for $97/month, which includes all the essential features. Instapage, on the other hand, is more expensive, with its basic plan starting at $199/month. It really does depend however, on what your priorities are.
If you’re looking to create sales funnels that are designed to generate leads and sales, then ClickFunnels is a good choice. However, if you’re looking to create high-converting landing pages with advanced features like A/B testing and analytics, Instapage is the way to go.
- Better user interface than even Unbounce
- Integrates easily with WordPress and other tools
- High quality landing page creation
- Heatmap and A/B testing
- Very easy and powerful drag and drop builder
- Very fast landing page load speeds
- Fewer overall features
- Not many built-in images, requiring you to find your own
- Poor checkout page and shopping cart support
Leadpages is another tool primarily focused on being able to build the perfect landing page. The editor is a little clunkier than Unbounce or Instapage’s, but it has a couple of unique features that make it stand out. For one, there are two different editors – one for beginners, and one for experts.
This makes it more versatile for new users. It also has the ability to open pop-ups on any page. Leadpages is good for beginners or new developers who aren’t ready to make the kind of investment a more expensive editor would require, but are still looking for a quality way to produce relevant and useful websites for their business. The pages don’t look or feel as good as what the more expensive landing page builders can make, but it’s a quality tool for what it costs.
- Very cheap, with cheapest plan at $37/month when paid annually
- Strong popup support
- Many different templates
- Lots of integrations available for many areas from CRM, to Analytics to Marketing Automation.
- Editor can be frustrating to use, and not very aesthetically pleasing
- Not as customizable
- Fewer overall features
Thrive Themes is essentially a collection of WordPress plugins that all come together to perform the same services as ClickFunnels. Though fundamentally different, the end result and their applications are still the same. One of the biggest differences is that Thrive doesn’t host the site for you, which means you need to buy your own additional hosting service.
This isn’t a big downside, as Thrive is cheaper enough that paying for the added hosting service is still far less costly than paying for ClickFunnels, and there are advantages to being in charge of hosting the site yourself. For example, although you have to pay, and have more responsibility if things go wrong, you own the site and pages yourself and also have a higher level of control over what goes on. Aside from the hosting issue, though, Thrive Themes is comparable to ClickFunnels in terms of overall functionality.
Though it has to be used with WordPress, it offers the same focus on the overall funnelling, with e-mail and checkout page support along with everything else. It doesn’t have quite as many features as ClickFunnels, but it does have a stronger testing plan that helps you understand your customer’s needs.
- Better testing tools
- Better lead generation with tools like opt-in forms, content upgrades, and quizzes
- Includes the tools Thrive Theme Builder, Thrive Architect, Thrive Leads, and Thrive Ultimatum
- You can host the pages yourself
- You have to host the pages yourself
- Less comprehensive suite of features
- Has to be used with Word press
PipeDrive is a comprehensive CRM service that is similar to ClickFunnels. They both emphasize work on the overall sales funnel itself, unlike a lot of the other options on this list. PipeDrive has more features, more integration support, and is much cheaper overall, although it focuses less on the web page development.
Though they only have a phone-based customer service system for Enterprise level clients, their customer service is considered to be top notch. The service is easy to use and subsequently easy to teach to your employees. PipeDrive has won several Expert’s Choice Awards as recently as 2022 for sales pipeline service, which are a testament to it’s ability to oversee the entire sales funnel pipeline, if not it’s ability to set up the various parts of the webpages.
- Their most expensive plan is still cheaper than ClickFunnels’ least expensive plan
- More features
- More support for integration
- Expert’s Choice Award for sales pipeline service
- Less webpage focus
- No phone customer service unless you have a top tier Enterprise package
10 Minute Funnels
10 Minute Funnels is very similar to ClickFunnels. They serve the same purposes, have many of the same features, price points, and are both considered to be very solid sales funnel engines with a lot to offer. The differences come down to minutae – 10 Minute Funnels is newer, with more intuitive flowing graphical interfaces, but ClickFunnels is better known and older, with its’ own legion of diehard fans.
Both platforms offer a drag-and-drop editor that allows users to create custom landing pages, opt-in forms, and other elements of a sales funnel. However, 10 Minute Funnels is designed to be more beginner-friendly, with a simpler interface and fewer options than ClickFunnels.
- Newer, more intuitive interface
- Restrictionless Premium plan for only $157 per month billed annually or $167 billed monthly.
- More focused
- No native affiliate or autoresponder solution
- Younger, smaller customer base
Copper is a cloud-hosted CRM (formerly named ProsperWorks) that puts the funnel in sales funnel. It’s very reputable and easy to use, focused for the most part on increasing visibility and control over the sales pipeline. Though it falls into a similar category to ClickFunnels, they can actually be used in conjunction.
It has features to help you manage sales productivity and stay in communication with your team as well as analytic functions to improve the transparency of your own system. Like PipeDrive, the other CRM on this list, it doesn’t have as big a focus on the web development side of its nature, but for bigger companies it can be a useful tool.
Copper CRM is an affordable option for businesses looking for a CRM solution, with pricing starting at $23 per user/month for the basic plan, when billed annually.
- Cloud-hosted databases with automatic data entry save time and improve security
- Integrates with just about anything
- Copper CRM offers a range of features, including lead management, pipeline management, project management, task management, and reporting.
- Easy to use
- Price is per user, making it fairly expensive
- Bad at making landing pages or checkout pages
GetResponse is an all-in-one marketing automation platform that comes with its own web builder for creating landing pages. It has a core focus around email marketing, and automation of marketing efforts.
GetResponse offers a variety of pre-built landing page templates optimized for different objectives and industries, making it easy to create high-converting landing pages without any coding experience. They also offer automation features like email sequences, webinars, and lead scoring, making it a powerful tool for businesses looking to streamline their marketing processes.
In terms of features, ClickFunnels is a more robust platform than GetResponse, while the latter offers a variety of features beyond the core focus of sales funnels.
Pricing for GetResponse starts at $15.58 per month for the basic plan when paid annually. Their most expensive package prices in at $97.58 monthly when paid annually, which is less expensive than even the cheapest ClickFunnels package.
Get Response also offer a ‘Max’ package which offers many more features, particularly around support and transactional emails. These are priced to spec depending on your business.
- Considerably cheaper than ClickFunnels
- All-in-one marketing automation platform
- Advanced automation features
- Plenty landing page templates
- Strong eCommerce integration
- No free trial for premium packages
- Sales conversion features only available in ‘Marketing Automation’ tier package and above.
One of the core differences between Kartra and ClickFunnels is their focus. Kartra is a business platform with a sales funnel builder, while ClickFunnels is a sales funnel builder that has attempted to become a business management platform.
Kartra offers more marketing-oriented features like membership sites, helpdesks, and video hosting, making it a more versatile platform. ClickFunnels, on the other hand, has more features for monetizing your funnels, like upsells and downsells, order bumps, and membership areas.
In terms of ease of use, both platforms have a simple interface and offer a variety of pre-built templates. However, Kartra is known for being easier to use and provides users with a lot of marketing and funnel training.
When it comes to funnel and page builder capability, both platforms offer a visual drag-and-drop editor that allows users to customize each page in their funnel. However, Kartra’s page builder is more flexible than ClickFunnels.
- Basic package similarly priced to Clickfunnels, but you get email marketing and automation which you don’t get in Clickfunnels basic package.
- More versatile platform
- Kartar comes with a whole host of features to improve marketing and conversion, including surveys, memberships and SMS campaigns.
- Relatively high charges for extra bandwidth
- Not the easiest platform to use
- Customer service receives mixed reviews
There are a lot of options for ClickFunnels alternatives out there on the market for you as a prospective web salesperson.
Each different option has it’s own benefits and disadvantages, and it’s hard to claim that any one platform is objectively the best. If you have a bigger business, you may want to pick something like Ontraport or Copper CRM, but if you’re just starting out and can’t afford those sorts of prices, you might be better off with Thrive Themes, Leadpages, or even PipeDrive, powerful as it is. Picking what’s best for your situation is only a matter of knowing what you need and knowing what’s out there.
Hopefully now you have a better understanding of your situation as well as the lay of the land for the digital sales platform market, and are ready to take your first steps into the new internet-sales age.
Latest posts by Megan Jones (see all)
- The Best ClickFunnels Alternatives For 2023 - March 4, 2023
- What is a Domain Name and How Do They Work? - July 9, 2019
- Using Google Analytics to Track Your WordPress Website’s Performance - September 17, 2017
5 thoughts on “The Best ClickFunnels Alternatives For 2023”
Another tool to add to your list is the upsellplugin.com.
This will work with any wordpress builder to allow you to offer one click upsells, order bumps, etc. Allowing you to truly get rid of ClickFunnels.
Will any of these programs actually accept a template that was created in Clickfunnels.
There’s a number of online courses where they’re using Clickfunnels and provide templates to be used.
no, clickfunnels funnels cannot be exported
A very solid list of Click Funnel alternatives.
I have tried the Instapage in the past and UnBounce, and now will sign up for Pipedrive to see what they have to offer as they have the least expensive option.