27 Apr The SSL Store – SSL Certificates for Webmasters
Do you have a website or are planning to have one? If yes, then you have to consider the security of your website at some stage or another.
It does not matter whether you are seeking your readers’ email details for newsletter subscription, visitor registration for forums or payment information through a payment gateway.
You would want every visitor’s information to be kept safe, regardless of the impact of a security breach. In a nutshell, the aim of all webmasters or site owners is to ensure that their readers or visitors enjoy a secure browsing experience on their website.
And, to ensure a secure connection between the server (website) and the site visitor’s computer or laptop (browser), many website owners use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates that add another layer of security to a site.
Yet, there are so many resellers of SSL certificates that it sometimes becomes difficult to pick a web company which can be trusted with the quality of such security certificates.
You would not want to be associated with a small SSL selling company that does not use the latest technology for internet security or that does not have key tie-ups with top security companies.
So, you can try The SSL Store, which is a highly accomplished web company that offers SSL certificates (also known as digital certificated) of the highest quality.
But, with the mention of The SSL Store as a reliable SSL certificate provider, you are also likely to have a few queries.
What kind of technology is used by The SSL Store?
How do they tackle issues related to SSL?
How good is their support for webmasters who have little or no knowledge about SSL certificates?
Well, you will get answers to most of your queries by reading this article, as we discuss all the features and services offered by The SSL Store.
The objective is to provide an honest review of this web company to enable you to decide whether the SSL reseller program of The SSL Store is ideal for your business requirements.
Company Background of the SSL Store
The SSL Store was established in 2009 and is owned by the internet security firm, Rapid Web Services. Its corporate headquarters is situated in St. Petersburg, Florida, USA; the APAC office is located in Ahmedabad, India, and the EMEA office is located in Naarden, the Netherlands.
In this way, the company has ensured its presence across different continents to cater to the server security requirements of a variety of webmasters.
The company was established with the sole focus of website security solutions. And, in this age, when most companies try to focus on offering numerous services related to websites, The SSL Store has stayed focused on providing security certificates.
This has enabled it to become one of the leading providers of SSL certificates. The SSL Store has also consistently served a wide range of customers, especially eCommerce website owners and website hosting providers who resell SSL certificates to webmasters.
Tie-up with Leading Certification Authorities
This store is known as one of the largest platinum partners with some of the world’s leading Certification Authorities (CAs), such as Symantec, RapidSSL, Certum, GeoTrust, Comodo and Thawte. This speaks volumes about the reliability offered by The SSL Store, especially since it is associated with such leading SSL brands.
The SSL Store can also execute one of the largest reseller programs for SSL certificates, as it buys most of the digital certificates from the abovementioned SSL brands in bulk and at discounted rates.
They can then pass on the benefits to the end consumers like you by offering the same SSL certificates at extremely affordable rates. It is thus no wonder that The SSL Store has managed to bag the business badge of Value Added Reseller (VAR).
Working with the SSL Store’s API
The complete integration of The SSL Store with the Application Program Interface (API) of all the CAs ensures that it has access to most resources. It also has access to the latest technology being used by such globally renowned internet security companies.
Moreover, it uses the REST API that works seamlessly over the HTTP protocol.
For interfacing, you get two URLs from the SSL Store website. One of these URLs returns dummy products through a sandbox API, while the other URL is used for the LIVE API that interacts with your live API.
There are only a few webmasters who have the requisite knowledge about SSL certificates and their functionalities.
So, you need not feel bad if you know nothing about SSL certificates. So, it is extremely important that you get full support from the company or reseller that offers the SSL certificates for your site. And, it is no surprise that The SSL Store provides great customer support services.
Their support staff can be contacted at any time and from anywhere, as they are available around the clock. They can also be contacted via phone calls or email (at email@example.com to open a ticket).
Moreover, you can use their live chat service to get help from real people in real time. However, you may prefer to first refer to their FAQs and knowledge base for information about Extended Validation (EV) certificates, general account handling, generating a Certificate Signing Request (CSR), the installation of SSL certificates, validation errors and more.
If that was not enough, they also offer you an account manager. So, for every customer that signs up for their services, there is a dedicated account manager.
This manager possesses all the relevant knowledge about SSL and can help you proactively. This kind of platinum-level support enables The SSL Store to establish itself as a premium SSL certificate service.
If you firmly believe that a web-based service provider is as good as its support team, then The SSL Store is one of the best!
Diverse Web Security Solutions or Products
For every SSL brand, with which The SSL Store has partnered, they offer a wide range of corresponding products related to web security.
The different categories of products covered by The SSL Store offerings are:
- EV Certificates,
- Subject Alternative Name (SAN) Certificates,
- Server SSL Certificates,
- Wildcard SSL Certificates,
- High Assurance Certificates,
- Standard SSL Certificates,
- Email and Doc Signing Certificates,
- Code Signing Certificates, and
- Website Anti-Malware Scanners.
Some of the most popular SSL certificate products from each of these trusted CAs are listed below.
- Secure Site (priced as low as $274.00 per year)
- Symantec Code Signing (priced as low as $365.83 per year)
- Individual Code Signing (priced as low as $365.83 per year)
- Secure Site Pro (priced as low as $666.00 per year)
- Secure Site with EV (priced as low as $699.00 per year)
- Secure Site Pro with EV (priced as low as $1 049.00 per year)
- Symantec Secure Site Wildcard (priced as low as $1 582.67 per year)
- Free RapidSSL (for 30 days)
- RapidSSL (priced as low as $12.99 per year)
- RapidSSL Wildcard (priced as low as $124.00 per year)
- Certum Commercial SSL (priced as low as $14.96 per year)
- Certum Commercial SSL WildCard (priced as low as $65.83 per year)
- Certum Trusted SSL (priced as low as $65.83 per year)
- Certum Trusted SSL Wildcard (priced as low as $165.83 per year)
- Certum Basic ID (priced as low as $8.29 per year)
- Certum Professional ID (priced as low as $12.46 per year)
- Certum Enterprise ID (priced as low as $22.84 per year)
- GeoTrust QuickSSL Premium (priced as low as $65.00 per year)
- GeoTrust Web Site Anti-Malware Scan (priced as low as $74.17 per year)
- GeoTrust SAN SSL Certificate (priced as low as $95.00 per year)
- GeoTrust True BusinessID (priced as low as $83.00 per year)
- GeoTrust True BusinessID with EV (priced as low as $149.00 per year)
- GeoTrust True BusinessID with Multi Domain (SAN/UCC) (priced as low as $204.67 per year)
- GeoTrust True BusinessID with EV Multi Domain (SAN/UCC) (priced as low as $323.50 per year)
- GeoTrust True BusinessID Wildcard (priced as low as $366.33 per year)
- Comodo Personal Authentication Certificates (priced as low as $10.95 per year)
- Comodo SSL Certificate (priced as low as $57.33 per year)
- Comodo Web Inspector (priced as low as $70.83 per year)
- Comodo HackerGuardian PCI Scan Control Center (priced as low as $86.90 per year)
- Comodo Wildcard SSL Certificate (priced as low as $165.67 per year)
- Comodo HackerProof Trust Mark including Daily Vulnerability Scan (priced as low as $600.00 per year)
- PositiveSSL (priced as low as $12.99 per year)
- PositiveSSL Wildcard (priced as low as $124.00 per year)
- EssentialSSL (priced as low as $25.00 per year)
- EssentialSSL Wildcard (priced as low as $93.00 per year)
- InstantSSL (priced as low as $34.67 per year)
- InstantSSL Pro (priced as low as $51.00 per year)
- Instant Premium (priced as low as $74.67 per year)
- PremiumSSL Wildcard (priced as low as $157.67 per year)
- Code Signing (priced as low as $82.67 per year)
- Positive Multi-Domain SSL (priced as low as $111.67 per year)
- Positive Multi-Domain Wildcard (priced as low as $208.33 per year)
- Domain Validated UCC (priced as low as $124.67 per year)
- Multi-Domain SSL (priced as low as $124.67 per year)
- Multi-Domain Wildcard SSL (priced as low as $274.17 per year)
- Unified Communications (priced as low as $124.67 per year)
- Unified Communications Wildcard Certificate (priced as low as $249.17 per year)
- EV SSL (priced as low as $130.50 per year)
- EV Multi-Domain SSL (priced as low as $235.38 per year)
- PCI Scanning Enterprise Edition (priced as low as $299.00 per year)
- Thawte SSL 123 (priced as low as $45.00 per year)
- Thawte SSL Web Server (priced as low as $82.33 per year)
- Thawte SSL Web Server with EV (priced as low as $156.50 per year)
- Thawte Code Signing Certificate (priced as low as $130.00 per year)
- Thawte Code Signing Individual (priced as low as $142.25 per year)
- Thawte Wildcard SSL Certificate (priced as low as $332.50 per year)
Additional Features and Benefits Offered by The SSL Store
- The SSL Store website is adapted for different international countries. They thus offer their products in the local currency of the customer’s particular foreign country.
You can thus now access the international websites of The SSL Store for India, Australia, Singapore, the UK, the USA, Philippines, the Netherlands and so on.
- With SSL and internet security, you are never far away from sudden problems. So, a guarantee from the service provider can help build trust and allow you to develop a sound understanding of their services.
The SSL Store thus impresses you with a 30-day money back guarantee feature. For any queries related to the corresponding refunds and exchange policy, you can contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- They use special tools to manage the SSL certificates and different website security products. They can thus bring the prices down for academic institutions, Fortune 100 companies, governments and civic organisations, and more. The SSL Store even allows enterprises to open a free account for a limited time.
- They help you get the lowest possible price for the relevant security certificates and other products, as they offer a “best price guarantee”.
In this way, they allow you to notify them of any other reliable service provider or vendor offering a cheaper price than they do. If you do this, then the company guarantees to offer a lower price or to at least match the lowest price available elsewhere.
The abovementioned information about The SSL Store proves that they are indeed a premium SSL certificate service provider.
If you do not wish to compromise on web security, then you will find it difficult to get better dedicated customer support and prices for your digital certificates.
Do you have any questions or points to add here? Please feel free to leave your comments below and thanks for reading!
Latest posts by Jamie (see all)
- History of Women in Computing - February 23, 2017
- 50 Of The Best Photography Books – 2017 Edition - February 23, 2017
- Shopify Vs WooCommerce – Which eCommerce Web Builder Is Best? - February 22, 2017