There are many excellent reasons to look for Google Adsense alternatives. Maybe you already have an Adsense account; you’re looking for alternatives because you’d like to keep your website income diversified, or because you’d like to add some additional income streams. Perhaps you’re looking for ways to earn more money from your ad space than you would be able to earn with Adsense. In our experience, this is not only possible, it’s likely with some of the alternatives we’re suggesting.
Perhaps you’ve had a hard time getting approved for an Adsense account, or maybe you had an Adsense account that got banned.
Whatever your reasons, you’ll be happy to know that there are plenty of fantastic options available for you to consider. We invite you to check out these ten viable, lucrative Adsense alternatives.
Adsterra is a slick advertising network with innovative ad formats and growing number of large brands using the platform. It’s a platform that I feel is the best Google Adsense alternative. It’s the fastest growing ad network and a well respected brand in the online advertising space.
Adsterra provides an excellent solutions for both publishers and advertisers who want to try something a little different and away from the grasps of Google.
Monetization of traffic is easy with Adsterra as the provide a user-friendly platform and give publishers a 100% fill rate along with industry’s highest CPM.
Here’s some stats on why Adsterra is a serious contender as a top alternative to Google Adsense.
- They serve 10 billion+ ad impressions per month.
- They cover over 190 countries
- Currently it has 20K active ad campaigns.
- 600K leads last month
- Publishers and advertisers get their very own account manager who is always on call to help
– Two payment runs per month. Payment dates are 1-2 and 16-17 of each month.
– Minimum payout amount is $100 ($1000 for Wire Transfers)
– Adsterra offers a wide range of payment options. Bitcoin, Paypal, Payza, Wire transfer, Webmoney, Paxum, Skrill and ePayments.
Sovrn.com’s Meridian is a CPM (cost per mille) ad network that accepts publishers of any size. This network pays publishers per ad impression. When the network serves an ad to one of your visitors, you’ll get paid whether or not your website visitors clicks on the ad.
Meridian allows you to set a minimum price for your website’s ad space. However, there might be times when this network can’t fill all your ad impressions, so they allow you to set up what’s called “backfill.” This means you can give them instructions for an alternative ad to display. If you have a Google Adsense account, you could use Adsense as backfill, which means that Adsense ads will display on your site at times when Meridian isn’t able to fill your ad impressions. You can also backfill with other ads.
- They pay publishers on a net 30 basis.
- The payment threshold is $25.00.
- Payment is by check, PayPal, ACH, global ACH, eCheck, local bank transfer or international wire transfer.
Easy Monetizer isn’t an ad network. It’s a tool that allows you to automate affiliate linking so much that the process becomes as easy as monetizing through an ad network, which makes it a viable Adsense alternative.
Usually, when you monetize with affiliate marketing, you have to pick products, build links, and maintain them. This is time consuming, unlike the process of using ad networks. The appeal of an ad network is its ease of use; the networks allow you to just paste a bit of code into your website and begin monetizing.
Easy Monetizer allows you to get started monetizing just as easily; all you have to do is upload and enable a WordPress plugin on your blog or website. About three minutes is all the time it takes to set up Easy Monetizer. After setup, the tool will take over the chores of finding the best products to show your visitors, creating your affiliate links, placing the links where you want them in your blog posts, making sure the links don’t break, and making sure the prices displayed on your pages are all accurate.
All this is possible because the tool is powered by Amazon.com’s proprietary algorithms. You’re probably already aware that Amazon.com has created one of the most impressive and sophisticated product suggestion systems on earth. You can tap into this system, and profit from it, by enabling the Amazon.com Easy Monetizer module on your blog or website.
In our experience, Easy Monetizer converts well and is simple to use. The plugin makes it easy to monetize a variety of different blog topics, and it works for publishers of any size.
Amazon Associates Payment Details:
- Direct deposit, with a $10.00 minimum payout (US Associates only)
- Check, with a $15.00 fee and a $100.00 minimum payout (No $15.00 fee for international Associates.)
- Amazon.com gift card
Easy Monetizer offers publishers a lucrative affiliate program that includes recurring commissions.
Easy Monetizer does have an upfront cost. However, the cost is minimal and reasonable considering what you get for the money you spend. If your websites earn consistent affiliate commissions, this tool is a much better deal than competing tools that take a percentage of your earnings. You won’t have to give up a percentage of your affiliate commissions to use Easy Monetizer. It would also cost you much more to hire virtual assistants, freelancers or employees to handle the same tasks.
If you are interested in learning more then check my guide to building your own Amazon affiliate website.
OIO Publisher is a WordPress plugin that allows you to monetize your website by managing your own ads. It’s easy to use, although the setup process is lengthy. Once it’s set up, the plugin automates many aspects involved in the process of selling ads on your site. However, you will still have to recruit advertisers.
There is an OIO ad marketplace available to help you with advertiser recruitment. The marketplace may bring you advertisers from time to time, but you can’t count on it to fill up your ad space. You’ll have to make an effort to reach out to advertisers on your own.
If you’re a motivated salesperson, and your blog or website is attractive to advertisers, this tool offers many advantages that make it an excellent Adsense alternative. You receive upfront payment from advertisers, without having to wait for payouts. You won’t have to share any of your earnings with a network. You don’t risk getting banned or having your earnings reversed. You can negotiate directly with your advertisers, and form relationships with them.
There is an upfront cost for OIO Publisher. For motivated publishers, we think this tool is well worth the price considering the great value you get in exchange.
OIO Publisher also offers an affiliate program.
If you build ordinary links to qualifying products on your website, Viglink converts them into affiliate links you can earn money from. They maintain relationships with merchants. In exchange for their services, they keep a percentage of your commissions and then pay you the rest. Depending on the Viglink service you use, they may keep either 25% or an undisclosed percentage of your earnings.
- They pay publishers on a net-60 day basis.
- The payment threshold is $10.00.
- Payment is by PayPal, with no additional fees.
Skimlinks is a platform offering publishers some different options for monetizing e-commerce focused content, all of which are performance based using the affiliate marketing business model. A few of these options are “Skimlinks”, “Skimwords Lite” and “Skimwords Full Version.” These tools give you the option to either convert existing product links into affiliate links, or to automatically insert affiliate links into existing content.
- They pay publishers on a monthly basis, but it can take each individual commission up to 90 days to clear.
- The payment threshold is $10 / €8 / £7.
- Publishers in the USA or UK can choose to be paid by check, direct deposit or PayPal.
Prosperent is an affiliate offering other publishers the opportunity to become sub-affiliates under their account. They keep 30% of commissions for small publishers, and 20% for larger publishers. In exchange, they maintain the relationships with merchants. They also offer their publishers tools and resources that can help to simplify the process of affiliate marketing.
- They pay publishers on a net-30 day basis.
- Payment is by Payoneer or Paypal.
Blogher is a CPM ad network. Their specialty is monetizing blogs targeted at a female audience. In addition to advertising, they also offer publishers additional opportunities such as sponsored posts and paid product reviews.
- They pay publishers 45 days after a the month ends.
- The payment threshold is $20.
- Payment is by PayPal.
Bidvertiser is a cost per click ad network that also offers conversion incentives to publishers. Bidvertiser offers a referral program which pays for referrals of both advertisers and publishers.
- They pay publishers 30 days after a the month ends.
- Payment is by PayPal or check.
- The payment threshold is $10 for PayPal, and $100 for checks.
Infolinks offers several monetization options to publishers. They have an intext option that takes your existing content and inserts text ads into it wherever they have an appropriate ad to show your visitors. If a visitor’s mouse hovers over the text link, an ad will pop up for the visitor to view.
- They pay publishers 45 days after a the month ends if the applicable payment threshold has been met.
- Payment is by PayPal, Payoneer, Western Union, Echeck or ACH (for publishers with bank accounts in the USA).
- The payment threshold depends on the payment method you choose. It’s $50 for ACH or $100 for wire transfers or Western Union.
Media.net is a direct Adsense competitor operated by Bing and Yahoo.
- They pay publishers on a net 30 basis.
- The payment threshold is $100.00.
- Payment is by wire transfer or PayPal.
Latest posts by Jamie (see all)
- Best Free Website Builders 2017 - July 20, 2017
- How to Host a Website from Your Computer - July 19, 2017
- What Is A Blog? – A Guide to Understanding The Concept Of Blogging - June 26, 2017